So when a move to foster care is the right decision call Harmony Homes
To foster means to nurture, or to help someone grow. Foster care is a safe place to be if a child cannot live with his/her family or on their own. Children enter foster care because of neglect, abuse or a family crisis. Foster parents help children grow and feel good again by providing them with stability, affection, consistency, and nurturing.
Children usually continue to visit their own families until they may be reunited. While the child is out of the home, Social Services is working to provide services so that the child can return to his parents.
If this is not possible, family members and other persons important to the child are contacted to see if they can give a permanent home to the child. Sometimes foster families are asked to provide permanent foster care or to adopt the child in their care.
• It feels good to know you have changed a child’s life
• Foster children can bring you joy and happiness
• Accomplishment and Pride
• Improving children’s skills and behaviors improves society
• Keeping children safe & making communities better environments
• Helping people become better parents
• Monthly Non-taxable Reimbursement
• Medical and Dental Care for foster children
• Adoption Tax Credit in California of $10,630